Double Chocolate Protein Power Balls
I'm sure you've noticed that powerballs are having their moment in the spot light, and for good reason! It can be hard to find an energy bar or even a granola bar that isn't loaded with sugar and other funky stuff, and powerballs are a fantastic alternative. Made from wholesome and nutrition-packed ingredients, they are easy to make and easy to eat! What's not to love?! Even kids go crazy for them.
These little balls of joy taste decadent without being overly sweetened, and are packed with plant protein to give you the boost you need.
Hope you love them as much as we do!
10 medjool dates
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbs coconut oil - melted
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tbs raw cacao powder
1 scoop of your favourite protein powder (we used a chocolate flavour vegan protein blend)
Chopped or almonds mixed with a pinch of sea salt for rolling
- Process the nuts in a food processor to a coarse powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor and mix until combined
- If the mixture is too dry add some more coconut oil. If you would like it sweeter, add more maple syrup.
- Form mixture into balls and roll in the sea salt/chopped almond combo to coat.
- Place in the fridge for half an hour to firm up & enjoy!
1.5 tbsp per ball makes 12 balls