Energy Balls - Raw, vegan and delicious!
These balls are great kept in the freezer for when you need a little treat or quick hit of energy. I do a few killer workouts each week bright and early and I love to wake up about 6AM, have a little cup of coffee with one of these energy balls while I check my emails and plan my day. By 6:25 I am ready to go work out. It gives me some sustained energy without being a lump of food in my belly. Plus, it feels like a treat and makes it easier to get out of bed that early. :) These balls also make a great snack during our "Juice till Dinner" Juice Cleanse, or pair with a bottle of Cold Pressed Juice for fantastic breakfast on the go, or mid-day snack! These are raw and vegan, so they are perfect if you're on a juice cleanse, but feel you need a solid snack. Having these babies on hand will help keep those less than healthy treats from calling your name. Trust us, you'll be all the more satisfied biting into one of these!
This recipe is from the girl who kicks my butt a few times/week: Kayla Itsines
15 medjool dates
1 tbs chia seeds
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp seal salt
2 tbs coconut oil - melted
2 tbs raw cacao powder
Chopped pistachios for coating (lightly toasted)
- Process the nuts (except pistachios) in a food processor until chopped. Place in a big bowl.
- Process the rest of the ingredients, and add into the bowl with the chopped nuts.
- If the mixture is too dry add some more coconut oil.
- Form mixture into balls and roll in the chopped pistachios to coat.
- Place in the fridge for half an hour to firm up & enjoy!